Wednesday 23 July 2008

"Outfit; Just human nature"

My first day of summer practice started with rain, 7 hours straight without any food and seeing someone's veins way closer than I ever expected. I also found out that next week I will be the one taking blood samples. Did I ever mention I'm a med student with a phobia of syringes?

*














My poor teddies will be my patients for some time, just until I stop running away from needles.



(excuse the bad phone photo quality) Now honestly, don't we look like the kind of future doctors who you'd let get close to you with a needle? Don't answer that!

dress: Mango, fringed scarf: vintage (my mom's), belt: thrift, socks: unknown, beads: thrift (gift from Spain)

*

Song of the Day: Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl

9 comments:

emily said...

such a fabulous outfit! i love the belt.

Cherryred said...

I love your scarf. Long live scarves in the summertime. Gorgeous!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Sweet outfit. Good luck with those blood samples. My sister is a nurse and I know I could never do what she does daily!
I think it was the same with me as well (in regards to your comment): confidence brought the greatest amount of change to my style.

Anonymous said...

7 hours without food being surrounded by needles? i honestly don't know how you do it, but congrats for making it through your first day!

DaisyChain said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now,
I really adore your style.

Laura x

Anonymous said...

those socks are simply beautiful :O i have never seen such a gorgeous pair of red socks!
i very suddenly want a pair :) i think im actually in awe of them!

Anonymous said...

personal question...how are you doing both fashion/photography and in med-school? I started out on this same path, and now I've reached a cross-roads and I don't want to give up either, but I'm starting to feel that its not possible to do both without one falling by the wayside.

Anna Pope said...

Cherryred: I love wearing scarves in the summertime so the semi-rainy weather was just perfect!

The Clothes Horse: I was so scared at first but after running around all day with needles everywhere you get so used to it really. And oh yes, for me confidence was the biggest factor in my change of style!

Cupcakes: It's just a matter of getting used to it, as weird as that sounds!

Daisy Chain: *blush* Thank you!

Elisabeth: I had the same feeling when I first saw them!

Anonymous: Well, fashion is just a hobby and getting dressed in the morning while med school is real life and the future so it all comes down to setting you priorities straight (for me anyways)

yiqin; said...

I love how you wear your scarf. & the tights are lovely! Sucha beautiful color :)